5x5 Information for Artists
At The Depot: May 13, 2022, 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Online: May 13, 8:00 pm
The Depot Museum and Art Gallery will celebrate the Fifth Annual 5x5 at the Depot” on Friday May 13th. This year, we are happy to announce that the event will be IN PERSON!! We will also continue the event online starting at 8:00 on May 13th. With this annual event we seek to:
- Give artists exposure and an opportunity to exhibit an example of their work.
- Offer affordable, original art to encourage everyone to collect and display original art in his or her homes and workspaces.
- Raise critical funds to support
- Preserving the Depot as a historic landmark
- Collecting, archiving, and exhibiting regional history
- Creating opportunities for regional artists to exhibit their work
- Enriching the lives of regional residents and visitors by hosting gallery receptions
Previous events helped fund the design, purchase, and installment of a new sign for the building and provided funding for historical projects such as The Heritage Trail.
Guidelines for Artists
To participate in this exhibit, we ask artists to donate one (or more) works of original art.
- Artists may work in any medium, and do not have to use a 5x5 canvas. The work must be able to hang on the wall with a finished dimension of 5” in height, 5” in width, and not exceed 5” in depth.
- The Depot will provide 5x5 canvases and/or 5x5 frames for participating artists, while supplies last. Canvases or frames are available for participating artists now and may be picked up at Glen L Firme & Associates Art Supply, 92 US-12, Beverly Shores. Note: You do not have to use our canvas or frame. You may also submit more than one work of art.
- Please drop off your finished 5x5 at The Firme Gallery during open hours (they’re closed Sundays), but no later than May 1st.
- Please provide a clear photograph of your work of art for us to post on our website. Make sure that your photo is taken on a white background and that it’s taken with an overhead view so it’s perfectly square. If the art extends on the sides, photograph the sides as well because we can show multiple photos of your art. If the image is not clear and straight on, we will only show it in the gallery and not on our website. Send your image to: Nancy Schwab at email@example.com.
- Please firmly attach a label with your contact information (name, email, and telephone number) on the back of each piece.
- Buyers will be instructed to pick up the artwork on June 4th and 5th from The Depot. Note: we will keep selling art through June 2nd in the gallery and online and will advise you if it was not sold so that you may choose to pick it up from The Depot or allow it to be sold in the gift shop or donated.
- 5x5 artwork becomes the property of The Depot Museum and Art Gallery. The Depot may use the art donated by artists in promotions for the event.
- Work may be disqualified if the guidelines are not met.
DEADLINE FOR artwork drop off Sunday, May 1, 2022.
THANK YOU for supporting the Depot Museum and Art Gallery, a 501c-3 not-for-profit organization!