The Depot Museum and Art Gallery is located within the South Shore Train Station at 525 S Broadway in Beverly Shores, IN.
Our mailing address is PO Box 305, Beverly Shores, IN 46301.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Depot Museum and Art Gallery will be closed for the remainder of the 2020 season, however our gift shop is open online. We look forward to seeing you again in 2021.
We are normally open May through October, Saturdays from 11 am - 5 pm and Sundays from 11 am - 3 pm. We have opening receptions the second Friday of each month from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. There is no charge to visit or attend.
We were founded after the Dunes Woman’s Club and other concerned citizens saved the Depot from destruction, organized to have it placed on the National Register of Historic Places, and raised funds to restore it. When restoration was complete in 1998 the Depot Museum and Art Gallery was formed.
- We are a nonprofit, 501c3 organization.
- We are governed by a wholly volunteer board of directors.
- Our mission is to be good stewards of the Depot, to preserve local history, and to engage and enrich the community by hosting history and gallery exhibits and art openings. We support regional artists.
- Any commissions or donations go directly to supporting our programs.
You can help!
- Attend our events and let us know whether we are hitting the mark and hosting exhibits that interest the community. Come out and see us. We are open May through October, Friday through Sunday, 11am-3pm. We have opening receptions the second Friday of each month from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. There is no charge to visit or attend.
- Shop in our gift shop. Most of the items featured in our gift shop are made by regional artists and artisans. Your purchase supports regional artists and the Depot. A portion of each purchase funds our programming.
- Follow us on Facebook , Instagram and YouTube.
- Spread the Word. The train depot is more than a train depot but many people don’t know this. Talk about us with your friends and colleagues. Share our social media content.
- Donations and Contributions are always welcome.
Artists can help by joining our fundraising 5x5 Exhibit in May and/or submitting proposals for exhibitions or the gift shop. Thank you so much. We look forward to seeing you.